How to get to the city centre from the Helsinki Vantaa airport
- The Finnair City Bus from the airport to the city centre (Central Railway station) every 20 minutes, tickets can be bought from the bus (ticket price is 6,30 €)
- Helsinki Region Transport Bus 615 from the airport to the city centre (Central Railway station) every 20 minutes, duration ca. 40 min, regional tickets can be bought from the ticket machine outside of the terminal (ticket price 5,50 €).
- Helsinki Region Transport Bus 617 from the airport to Hakaniemi, regional tickets can be bought from the ticket machine outside of the terminal (ticket price 5,50 €).
- Ring Rail Line train (trains I and P) from the airport to the city centre every 10 to 20 minutes depending on the day, see more info about the tickets here (ticket price 5,50 €).
- Taxi, the taxis locate outside of the both terminals, average cost to the city centre 45-50 €, duration ca. 30 minutes. Airport Taxi Yellow Line +358 (0) 600 55 55 55
More information about the:
Traveling to Helsinki by ferry
It is possible to travel to Helsinki by ferry instead of taking an airplane. You can travel by ferry from Stockholm (Sweden) or from Tallinn (Estonia). If you travel from Stockholm, the boat leaves in the evening and arrives to Helsinki in the morning. From Tallinn the length of the journey depends on which boat and company you choose. A daytrip can be between 2,5 hours to 5 hours. All ferry companies offer the possibility to take a car with you.
By ferry from Stockholm
By ferry from Tallinn
How to get from the ferry terminals to the city centre
There are three ferry terminals in Helsinki:
- Katajanokka Terminal – Vikingline (Stockholm and Tallinn) – You can take trams 4 and 4T to get to the central railways station (2,5 km)
- Olympia Terminal – Tallink Silja Line (Stockholm) – You can take trams 2 and 3 to get to the central railway station (2,2 km)
- West Terminal – Eckeröline and Tallink Silja Line (Tallinn) – You can take trams 6T and 9 to get to the central railway station (3, 5 km).
How to get to the conference venue
The congress venue Helsinki Congress Paasitorni is located in Hakaniemi in close proximity of the city centre. Street address: Paasivuorenkatu 5 A, 00530 Helsinki. For more information about the venue go to Venue.
From Central Railway station to Hakaniemi by tram
The tram numbers; 3, 6, 9 stop close to the Scandic Paasi and Helsinki Congress Paasitorni at a stop called Hakaniemi.
A single tram ticket costs 3 € and you can buy it from the tram driver. It is also possible to buy day tickets (for 1-7 day periods) for public transport and depending on the number of days the prices vary from 8-32€. You can buy the day tickets at any R-kioski or from ticket machines.
From Central Railway station to Hakaniemi by metro
The metro line from Central Railway Station to Mellunmäki/Vuosaari. Take the stop called Hakaniemi.
From Central Railway station to Hakaniemi by bus
There are several buses running from Rautatientori (next to the Central Railway Station) that stop at Hakaniemi, e.g. bus numbers 62, 68, 71, 75.
From Central Railway station to Hakaniemi by foot
Paasitorni is approximately a kilometer away from Helsinki’s Central Railway station, about a 15-minute walk.
Taxis in Helsinki
Taxi stands are conveniently located throughout the city centre.
Taxi-Helsinki +358 (0) 1 000 700
Lähitaksi +358 (0) 1 007 300
Kovanen +358 (0) 200 60 60